Yes, it's a long time coming, but I give you...
Eleven Things We Learned At The 2003 Grammys:
1. We all know award shows are bull$hit, BUT... Performances by James Taylor, Simon & Garfunkel, Coldplay w/ The NYPhilharmonic? Tributes to The Bee Gees and The Clash? Awards for Outkast, Coldplay, Norah Jones, India.Aire, No Doubt, Jars of Clay, Third Day, Nickel Creek, The Funk Brothers, and Solomon Burke? Yay!!!
2. Faith Hill looked like Goldmember and sang/yelled like she needed more singing/yelling lessons.
3. Nobody loves singing into someone else's mic like Bruce Springsteen.
4. Erykah Badu is insane.
5. N'Sync was ok. But standing ovation worthy? N'ope.
6. Aretha Franklin must have thought it was Halloween. Why else would she have dressed as the Stay Puft Marshmallow Woman?
7. Nelly, why you gotta try to mix up Hot In Herre with that awful Dilemma song? It hurts my ears.
8. The Roots are amazing. And Eminem was pretty good even though he messed up at the end.
9. Ashanti, I know I've picked on you in the past because I think your face is prettier than your voice, but even I wouldn't have tortured you with those kids all dressed-up to inspire us. I felt inspired to yell at my tv.
10. Robin Williams is funny maybe 5% of the time. The other 95% makes me cringe.
11. I am in love with Norah Jones. She's goofier than I could've imagined.
I've talked to 2 very different and very interesting people this week. The internet will never be the best place to meet someone. But sometimes, it's the only way it can happen. I hope it's never held against me.
Five commercials that just need to STOP:
1. The Best Buy commercial with the black dude yelling "Spider-man." It makes me fondly recall the days of "Homeboys in Outerspace."
2. Any and all Chili's commercials. That beatboxing guy needs to be beaten.
3. Can you hear me now? Good. Please stop.
4. Catherine Zeta Jones' phone commercials. Like anyone would really call the fricken' LIBRARY to get lyrics to a Def Leppard song.
5. Any and all local commercials. Especially furniture ones. Don't you guys realize you are ruining your businesses???
Dixie Chicks + Michelle Branch = a very distinct possibility. A year ago, I would not have said this. Frankly, I'm amazed I'm saying it now. I have much thinking to do before tix go on sale Saturday.
Are any of you familiar with The Gathering of The Vibes? The Allman Brothers and James Brown will be there. But I'm not sure I can handle the long drive and 4 days of camping. I've never been camping in MA, let alone NY.
Did I just hear that Fred Durst may have nailed Britney? That is the most disgusting thing ever.
My dad gave his two weeks notice at his job. This was incredibly heroic and I somehow have to tell him this.
I kept dozing off during American Idol this week, but it seemed to suck. Even the people the judges thought were good sucked. Bring back Week 2! You watch, the WildCard show next week will have better talent than the Top 10 from last year.
I've got to stop being so paranoid. If you got any advice, spit it out here. Please and thank you.